Dates & Time: 2 Weekends of December 7th-8th & 14th-15th 9am-6:30pm
Place: Sacred (163 Bleecker Street, 2nd Floor, NYC)
Tuition: $675 Early Bird (paid by 11/9) / $775 (thereafter)
Click HERE for more details and registration.
Have you ever thought of yoga in terms of yin and yang? Whether it’s yoga, or anything and everything else in life, our body, mind and soul are constantly in play of balance. In this teacher training, you will learn how to introduce and incorporate more quieting, grounding, meditative “yin” aspects of yoga to your own practice as well as in your teachings. Most of us expose ourselves to so many “yang” activities, such as work, play and even yoga. We are in a constant state of a stimulating sympathetic nervous system, ie. “fight or flight” response. As the name “hatha yoga” implies, we all need the balance and unification of sun (ha = sun or yang) and moon (tha = moon or yin) energies.
Although, yin and restorative practices are sometimes referred to as the same or similar, they have distinct differences. Yin yoga works on tight and contracting connective tissues such as ligaments, tendons and the myofascia. Each pose is held for several minutes at a time to help let go of the muscles’ efforts and to “exercise” the connectives tissues the way they need to be exercised, which is very passive. Restorative yoga is the practice where your body is fully supported by props so that you can find ultimate relaxation–here we are not working on anything other than passively opening different parts of the body. You can say that restorative yoga is more “yin” than yin yoga.
– History of Yin and Restorative practices
– Benefits of Yin and Restorative practices (Physical, energetic, mental and emotional)
– How to practice and teach over 40 Yin & Restorative poses
– How to utilize props to support individual body, spot tell-tale signs of discomfort and when to assist
– Incorporating yin and/or restorative poses to vinyasa sequence
– Creating intelligent sequence for yin and/or restorative class
– Teaching and assisting in group and in private lessons